Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our part

Christmas in our home has forever been changed with the presence of Lucy in our lives, she has helped us to remember the true meaning, and what is truly important.

If you remember last year we headed up quite a large project of taking packages to the NICU at Primary Children's Medical center.

I didn't plan on doing it this year...why? I'm not totally sure. Maybe it is because last year feelings of NICU at Christmas were still so fresh. This year I am more focused on making sure the 2 year old isn't playing with a poopy diaper, throwing EVERYTHING down the stairs, finding scissors {Why is it that I can NEVER find the scissors, but Lucy walks down the hall wielding a pair of sharp scissors?} and pulling tissues one-by-one out of the tissue box. I however am BEYOND happy when she does any of those things! We just laugh at all the silly, crazy, and somewhat "dangerous" things Lucy does.

So it's a bit too late to come up with a service project, but that doesn't mean our Christmas' aren't different.
We are no longer giving sibling gifts, we are now just going to get together, eat, play games and laugh. Spending time not money.

We are going {tonight} to the Festival of Trees {all proceeds go to Primary Children's Medical Center}

Starting Christmas off the right way....

I still have a giant wish list..I'm still human