Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm a big girl now

Lucy has officially graduated out of the crib and is now sleeping in a twin!!! She looks grown up and so little at the same time. She is very adaptable and so far we have only had 1 middle of the night cry...we included her in the process of changing beds and she just accepted her new bed and could care less that the crib is set up in the other room. I hope she will be like this when her brother arrives, calmly accepting his presence....I doubt that will happen.

 I have only 3 minor decorating things to do in her room. 1. hang up shadow boxes with her old shoes. 2. hang a canvas saying over her bed. 3. Frame the window. Chet is going to do the framing, giving it a more finished feeling....we actually bought the moulding today:) 
Can't wait to share when we are all finished

6 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

It looks great! LOVE that comforter set ;-)

Fowler Family Blog said...

I hope you remember me Abby and you don't just think I am some creep following your blog. Anyway I am Collette (Cable) Fowler. I attended high school with you.

Anyway I just wanted to thank you for sharing Little Lucy's story. I cried yesterday as I read all about her. You are an amazing mother, and all those trivial things I complain about as a mother, I feel silly for ever doing now. You have such a sweet spirit and I admire you. I can't imagine going through so many tests or watching my child overcome so many things!
Congrats on your little man! How exciting!

I would love an invite to your family blog.
bryan.fowler@comcast.net
We also have a blog abcfowler.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

SOOOO cute! She looks so little in the frame of the bed. I really like the colors and look. You are amazing!
Love ya
Jamie

Crazy Cains said...

Darling, I think I'm going to have to hire you to come and decorate my house. Where did you get the bed. Love IT!

kara said...

What a big girl! My kids will be in cribs until they are 5 if I really had my way. :) "Calmly accepting his presence" is now my favorite phrase. I believe I am now making it a daily affirmation.

Cass said...

I can't believe she is so big! ...I guess it's been a while. The room looks great and I'm sure Lucy is excited about her new "big girl" status. :) Love you my friend. Ps. Had a crazy dream the other day about you and Em, almost brought me to tears.