Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I saw Lucy's Tongue


The scope showed nothing....So our next move is on to a feeding specialist/speech therapist...
The goal: Lucy will allow things in her mouth, on her tongue.

Teaching Lucy TO eat, so when we do the next test we will see if she CAN eat.

Did you know that after 3 months babies lose their sucking/rooting reflex and then it becomes a learned motor behavior. So we have to teach Lucy to suck again.

For three weeks our goal is to get Lucy to allow this blue nipple in her mouth and on her tongue if possible....a few minutes ago I was giving it to her...and I saw her tongue come out to meet it!!! BIG DEAL!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yay Lucy B!!! That is a BIG DEAL!!! I told Noah and he wants to make a deal...he said he will teach you that food is good, if you will teach him how to grow hair...So think it over and let us know huh?! :)

Debby RN said...

Way to go Lucy!!!! She is getting cuter and cuter as the days go by. Nurse Debby