As most of you know Lucy was in the NICU from November 23-February 14. We celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year in the NICU. We want to give back, so this year I {with the help of another NICU mom} am organizing a service project. Christmas packages for the NICU, one for each bed in the unit. Extras will be given to the unit, or used for Parent Hour {a get together of NICU parents}
If you would like to help/donate, heres how:
The Teddy bears were donated by Tiffany's work!
Make flannel blanket {I have a SIMPLE pattern, which involves sewing straight lines. To make using my pattern; buy 1 yard each of different coordinating flannel fabric, 2 yards total. You can also donate the fabric and we will make the blanket, or donate money for fabric }
Purchase one piece outfits {I found mine at Wal-Mart for 7.00 each} or donate the money for the outfits. {My brother Adam is including this in his newsletter, so we should get a lot, if not all from his office}
Money donation for materials (cellophane, ribbon}
Wal-Mart gift cards in the amount of $10.00 or money for a gift card
Please email me to sign up for any of these items so I can get a count. Also if you want to make a contribution {ANY AMOUNT HELPS}
E-mail me if you are interested!


2 comments:
Those are adorable!!! What a great idea!!
Abby-
It's Jenny (Stuart) Burnett. I would love to help you with your project if you need some help. My little girl was also in the NICU last year, and as it turned out, Your little Lucy was born the day that we finally got to go home. I would love to keep in touch with you. Our blog is burnett2005.blogspot.com
Post a Comment