Last New Year's Eve we spent it in the hospital. We sat by Lucy's crib in the darkened room listening to all the beeping of the monitors of the other 4 babies in the room. We had put lucy in her crib and were sitting there watching the clock, on her monitor, tick down to midnight. We shared a quick kiss as a nurse came by with a tray full of sparking cider in medicine cups. Chet and I each took one, trying to toast in the new year. Most depressing New Year's I have ever had, and I have has some real awful New Year's. 2011 will be so different than 2010. More challenges I imagine, as we try desperately to get Lucy to eat. However, we are home in our house. Lucy is becoming more active and playful everyday. She is starting to know her MAMA and I couldn't love that more. Things really change when you can't bring your baby home right away. You become so unbelievably grateful for everything that happens and take nothing for granted. For example I am not put out by anything Lucy does, she has never been and will never be an inconvenience. We love everything she does; from sitting up by herself, to messy diapers, to peeing all over Dad, to finding out how to wave. She is such a blessing and we are so happy to spend 2011 growing together as a family!
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Glad the advent of the new year is looking so much brighter for you all...despite the challenges that will lie ahead. We look forward to another year with such great neighbors!! When are you going to come play with my new Christmas toy??
She is so beautiful, and those two little bottom teeth are so cute!
Let me know if you are ever in SLC, Stella would love her!
So sweet Abby. I just finished a similar thought about enjoying what you have. It's surreal to think back a year ago, isn't it? Thanks for your bright example of enjoying life no matter what! ps- thanks again for your party help!!!
Post a Comment