Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A rubber glove and lemon pudding...

Well we had feeding therapy today {I am going to do a better job at posting Lucy's appointments}. Sometimes I leave therapy feeling good and other days I leave feeling so discouraged. We are working on getting Lucy to do another swallow study. We need to wait a bit longer because we need Lucy to be in good health, and a good mood. Today we spent time trying to get a gloved finger in her mouth as well as get her to take sugar water/salt water from a syringe. She was in a BAD mood today, as she has been at the last 4 appointments. Babies who don't eat are tactilely sensitive, so we are trying to get Lucy to play in her food, cue the lemon pudding. She wants no part of it...do you know anyone else who wishes their baby played in their food and made a mess? So...we just keep trying to make her mouth positive, continue to get into her mouth with any variety of objects...especially food, and get her to play in her food....

Today I feel discouraged

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'm sorry it was a discouraging day. Tomorrow is a new day... :) I miss you guys too!

me and him said...

hang in there. i remember being disappointed when bowen wouldn't play in his food, i wanted cute messy pictures. and he would have nothing to do with it if it meant he had to touch it in any way. kids are funny. lucy will be drawing pudding pictures before you know it! did she like the sugar water??

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.