Friday, January 21, 2011

Again

Well I'm having a rough day...once again. Just when I thought I was starting to feel better as Lucy has finally reached the crawling milestone {more on that amazing feat}, a physical therapist who came to the house this morning commented on the fact that Lucy might look "genetic."  After telling me how good Lucy looks, she just seems to have "something." I did all I could to keep it together until she left. I then put my "genetic" child down for a nap, and cried. I also prayed. Am I crazy? Why am I so caught up on having a child without an "issue." The therapist talked about Lucy's thumb, her folded ears and the fact that she has webbed eyelids? What the heck are webbed eyelids? {Don't answer if you know} Well I did a google search and man that was a dumb idea... I also spent 25 minutes comparing Chet's baby picture with hers. I think Lucy and Chet have similar eyelids..who knows. I remember in the hospital that practically every syndrome had one thing or another that Lucy had. God please give me a new trial, preferably one that is easy. I'm so tired of my monthly calendar being filled with Dr's Appointments. I've had 7 appointments. I want to be done and move on. 


I'm sorry that I've been so down lately but that is life, and I just want to be real. Sometimes as we are on the outside looking in, it seems that people must have it together. Take comfort in knowing that I don't have it together. I'm lucky I even have "it." I appreciate all your prayers and love. It means so much to me. 

6 comments:

Burnett Family said...

Abby-I just want you to know what a strong and amazing woman and mom I think you are. I know that things don't seem easy for you right now, and it is hard to look at the bright side of things. Hang in there-know that there are a million of people praying for you and little Lucy

Cass said...

Sending love and "Mom hugs" your way...

me and him said...

love you.

b.family said...

Abby, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But I just wanted to let you know how amazing you are. I love reading your blog and feeling your spirit. It truely strengthens me and helps me through my own trials. Lucy was blessed with a wonderful mom and dad!

Jamie said...

Abby, Just remember that Heavenly Father knows what we need to learn and the best way to learn it. He "customizes" our trial specifically for us. Just rely on Him and He will help you through ANYTHING!!!! I know this to be true. We have a snapshot and He has the whole picture of our lives. He will not try you beyond what you can handle. Don't limit yourself!
Love you!!!!!
Jamie

kara said...

I think you're brave and amazing. Thanks for sharing your honesty. (Did you just ask for different trials?!?!? Could be dangerous. :)