The day we brought Lucy home...February 14th 2010
I can't believe Lucy is one. It has been such a year. I must admit it was never a big adjustment, having a baby. I think because we wanted her home so bad that we never had to get use to having a baby. I also must admit that there was not a whole lot of happy memories the day she was born. It was stressful and painful and emotional. She was whisked away so fast... into that clear box. Bringing her home was happy but also stressful, as we had to adjust to the G-tube...and many, many, many, many Doctor's appointments!
As hard as it has been, I have learned a lot about myself as a mother.
I hate that Lucy can't eat, but she is special.
and happy
and thoughtful
and beautiful!
I know one day she will eat, it just requires patience and faith.



No comments:
Post a Comment